Saturday, January 29, 2011

SNOW

This has been the winter of the SNOW. It started 2 days after Christmas, and continued, with more snow storms every week since. We have had 6 snow storms! December 27th was a BLIZZARD....ok, but what were the storms following? They didn't have the sustained winds to be called BLIZZARDS. If I look out of my window right now, the snow is almost up to the top of the 4 foot stockade on the side yard! It is at least half-way up the back fence, and our driveway looks almost like a canyon. Many parking lots have piles so high that they don't have anywhere to put any more. We had a "dusting" last night...about an inch maybe two. I have had enough! Now they are prediciting more for TUESDAY, int WEDNESDAY. We here on Long Island have more snow than parts of Alaska! Yesterday it was colder here than in Montanna! Where is this Global warming that we have been hearing of? I just want to know.
Sorry, folks, I am complaining. I am moaning and I am groaning! This is starting to affect my mood. More than I ever realized that it could!
Well, that is my rant for now.....sorry to do it folks, sorry to have you hear my baloney.....just wanted you all to know what is going on around here! Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Cliff said...

We had that kind of winter last year and this one is much better but we still have about 6 to 8 inch snow cover. The past weeks blast just missed us by a few miles but it continued on across Iowa and got Chicago and the went north of you I think.
btw, I don't believe a word of the Global warming garbage. It's all just a cycle and has been for eons.. It's fairly presumptuous of us to think we can have any effect on this creation. But if they can sell it they'll be rich folks by being able to charge us for 'air.'

Ralph said...

Not everything can blamed on global warming. Just this morning I found out from a news reporter on television that these storm are being caused by 'Arctic Oscillation'. I can't believe I have lived all these years and I'm just now hearing about it. Whatever.
But you guys have gotten pounded this year.
Ralph

Miki said...

Thanks, guys...yes, pounded isn't the word. I can't seriously remember a winter anything like this one. The year my son Danny was born was a bad one, but this year just doesn't quit! The snow is piled so high in some places that it is dangerous to pull out into an intersection, and there really isn't a place to put it other than right where it is.
Was just venting!

Anna Anemozalis said...

I enjoyed reading your post regarding the church. We'll have to cover the subject one day ourselves. I have been on that search for "peace" since just before my mom died. I understand and agree with a lot of what you wrote. Thank you for sharing.