Monday, December 07, 2009
































These were taken on our trip to the Shamrock Christmas Tree Farm. (Thanksgiving Weekend) It is located in Mattituck Long Island, NY. (about a 40 minute ride from our house) We had a great time, and Cassidy wants to go again next year! The only thing we missed was Santa, which I am a little sad about, but it couldn't be helped. We had a Christening to go to in the afternoon, so we went to get a tree in the morning! Danny wasn't with us, he spent the night before at a friend's house. We wound up buying a pre cut tree, it was the type of tree that we likes, the ones in the field were a little too FUZZY for us, they looked more like bushes than Christmas trees. SO we have our tree, and are awaiting the time to bring it inside, we don't want it to dry out too quickly! It is in water in the back yard! That is a fun project for me, rigging the lights, and decorating the tree. Everyone always volunteers to help, but then as the process befings they all run away! ( Scott enlists the boys' help to actually put the tree up, in the stand.)
I will post pics when we are finished decoing the house!




4 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

Hey there happy holidays good to see you still blogging

Miki said...

Yes, Jaye, still here, just not much to say lately.....been having a blast with my camera, taking all sorts of photos, being creative in a different outlet, but yuppers, still here! Writing is my first love!

Cliff said...

Nice pics Miki! I guess I've lost it. I don't even like setting a tree in a stand with the knowledge that I won't need to decorate it. But with two grandkids standing there waiting, it does make it easier.
I like the getting together part of the holidays.
I'm waiting for the done decorating pics from you. You're always pretty good at that stuff I know.

Miki said...

Thanks, Cliff! We had to go out and buy a new tree stand this year! This is a real play on words: "Santa's Last Stand." It is the name on the box! Funny, right?