Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baking
















It is that time of year again! I am baking! The kids are excited, I am enjoying it, and have been at it for three days! I made two batches of cookies on Friday, three on Saturday, and two today, SUnday. THrow into the mx that Patrick had to work this morning, Daniel had an away wrestling tourney, and had to be at the school at 6, yes I said 6 am on Saturday, after not getting back there until 11pm on Friday night! Cassidy and I decorated our Gingerbread house on Saturday, and I ran to the grocery store on Saturday to get more suplies for the cookies! I have 4 more batches of cookies to bake, I am making a couple of new ones this year, and am saving them for last, just in case they tank! I will be making my mother's apple walnut cake for Christmas day, which is time consuming, to say the least, but a joy to bake as it evokes memories of Christmases past! The photos that appear above were taken 12/12/09. They are with Cassidy and the Gingerbread house, and of her baking her special applesauce cookies.

3 comments:

Peruby said...

Must send Cassidy to MY house! What a wonderful baker she is! My daughter NEVER, I repeat has NEVER opened the oven door. Okay, well... maybe once or twice to get a frozen pizza out. :o)

Miki said...

Peruby, she is a great helper! Sometimes she is too helpful when we start baking. We didn't bake the gingerbread house, bought a kit, added candy of our own, threw out their icing, and bought the Betty Crocker tubs. We cheat, but it is still so much fun! The tubs of icing dry just as well! NO stress, tha tis the way I like decorating! Oh, and by the way, Cassidy loves to help cook too! She chops veggies for soups and stews, and always asks questions! Funny, right?

Rachel said...

Oh yummy!! How fun, and I love the gingerbread house!!

Have a very Merry Christmas!!