Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Weather and Stuff

The deep freeze is upon us here on Long Island. It is early this year. It is bad this year. I am hoping that this will be it this year. I don't know what happened, I am usually the one that is able to be extra warm in a tee shirt and shorts. I was always able to be comfy cozy in a tee shirt and jeans in sub zero weather. I would wear my coat in the great outdoors. I would wear a sweatshirt underneath the coat when necessary. As soon as I would colose the door on the front of the house, I would peel the layers off and be comfortable. This winter, I am so uncomfortable that I am walking around in a sweatshirt witht he hear up to 70 in the house, and still shivering. I feel as if I am an old lady saying, "It is soo cold, somebody get a blanket!" Maybe the weather change was just too drastic, maybe we went from comfortable to frozen in a split second, and my body didn't get that time to adjust to the droping temps. I don't know. Strange, but true! I still need to "Undecorate" the outside of the house.....I just don't want to face the prospect of being outdoors for too long! I keep looking out of the front window and seeing the Christmas tree on the porch. (Not the one that Santa leaves presents under, but the one that I deco for fun!) I know it is only steps from the front door, that I can do it for a while and run indoors to get warm, then crack the whip and do it all over again. I spent the last two days pulling down decos inside, and replacing them with my regular stuff. The house looks strangely empty. I think it is time to buy some picture hooks and hang some pictures, quickly!

The folks that I sympathize with are those living in Florida. They are never used to freezing temps. Some of them are warming up cars before going to work in the morning! Florida, where folks go to "winter!"
Sorry if I don't write anything for a few days, my fingers may freeze to the keys, or my feet may freeze to the ceramic tile in the kitchen and I will be stuck there!

3 comments:

Peruby said...

Yes, I think it was nice for so long and we just got cold too quick.

Ralph said...

Miki
It's been an unually cold year everywhere. We ghave snow on the ground that just won't go away. I am so ready for Spring. Try and stay warm.
Ralph

Rachel said...

Well, I hope that you have warmed up by now! It's been in the 50's today and so nice! After all the cold weather we had that makes it feel really warm!! Take care and stay warm!!